Thursday, June 22, 2006

(Pride) A Deeper Love

Christopher Street Liberation Day Parade, 1973

This might as well be a daguerreotype for all intents and purposes, right?

Yes, if you look close enough at that blurry, yellowed, fading photograph, you just might find (with the added help of names inked in way back in the steamy summer of 1973) a familiar face.

I blogged about it here, last year.

This year, I'm planning on keeping it real low key, but please know I'm there with you, as always, in spirit.

And if you're out having a cocktail sometime on Saturday around dusk in the Village, keep an eye out for us. Lord knows, we'd love to raise a glass!

The Mark of Kane wishes y'all a very happy and fulfilling pride weekend.

12 Comments:

Blogger Maddog said...

Just read last year's post. Thank you for reminding me what Pride is really about. Connecting with Our Community and reminding each other about the early challenges that paved the path of this journey that we are all on together.

Enjoy the day however you choose to spend it.

12:44 AM  
Blogger VinnyBagODonuts said...

Happy pride....LICK!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Gayest Neil said...

HAPPY PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger circleinasquare said...

Still just as handsome today!
Happy Pride Superdaddy.

xoe

4:03 PM  
Blogger palochi said...

For the past several years, I've grumbled about Pride and how commercialized and assimilationist it has become. This year, I'm trying to take a different view by remembering my own experiences over the years, which aren't much different from your own. I think we come to a point where it's less about the image and more about the spirit. If you seek the spirit sincerely, albeit "hard-gained" for me the past several years as well, I'd like to think you'll find it. Thanks for reminding me, Mark.

Oh, and after seeing that pic, I know I would've so been crushing on you in 1973.

Happy Liberation Day, everybody.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Mr. H.K. said...

Happy Pride to You, too!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Foxy said...

That's some good shit.

Happy (belated) Pride.

1:56 PM  
Blogger MEK the Bear said...

Wow, you were cute back then, what happened? You're smokin' hot now! Sheesh, I hope I turn out that way.

Happy pride big daddy, hope you had a great one!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Nate The Great said...

It was happy and fulfilling... I love pride!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Babsbitchin said...

Have a great holiday with lots of PRIDE in it!!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Babsbitchin said...

BTW, Pics like that instantly take me back to better days and better lays. Back then you only had to worry about getting crabs, ya know. Here's to the good ol' days!!

11:45 PM  
Blogger richard said...

thanks for the coverage and the link. the '70 premier parade wasn't very well organized compared to the '71 march.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home