Monday, March 06, 2006

Separated at Birth?

Okay, so I'm at the Dugout, and there's lots of beer involved and we're sort of watching the Academy Awards and this guy is telling me how much I look like George Clooney as he keeps trying to shove his hands down my jeans.

And I'm like....Dude, I so do NOT look like George Clooney. He's, like, Cary Grant handsome. I'm just a middle aged Jew.

And just then George wins his award and they show a clip from Syriana. And the guy says: See?? You look just like him!!

And I'm like, shit, dude, was that really a compliment?


Apparently, George has been quoted as saying all he did was gain 35 pounds, grow a beard and shave his hairline.

I didn't have to work quite as hard as he did.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gayest Neil said...

I'm always amazed at how easily actors in Hollywood gain and lose weight for roles.


That's all.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Will said...

They do it, Neil, but I'm not sure it's easier than for any of us. Of course, they do have the incentive of several million dollars in salary to lose weight for the next picture and a wide array of nutritionists and personal trainers to assist, let alone all the, uh, chemical supplements that are made available to them.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

OK, that guy feeling you up WAS very creepy, BUT....I do kinda see what he's talking about.

SuperClooney!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bigg said...

I kinda see the resemblance too, and I would definitely consider it a compliment -- Clooney is woofy no matter what weight.

11:40 AM  
Blogger David P said...

It's just your natural star quality shining through.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Mike P. said...

I loved you on Roseanne!!!!
Can I start calling you "Booker" from now on?!?!
Or maybe "T.J. Booker"?
No?
Okay.

Hee hee hee. ;)

4:48 PM  
Blogger ted said...

The resemblence is striking. And I'm surprised that I never noticed before. But last night, when I was wearing a sportsjacket (because we were going to a beautt pageant), Rob told me I looked like Clooney in Syriana. And I'm, like, "Thanks!" But I'd be happy to look like you, Mark. I'd just stare in mirror all day long.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home