Saturday, January 21, 2006

Grrrrrr.....!!!!

So...I'm not eating all that Christmas crap and I'm back at the gym, beating myself up. Somehow I've managed to gain 5 lbs. What's up with that?

Of course, it's not going to help that I just made reservations for a lovely French dinner in Hell's Kitchen tonight. Something about January says "Cassoulet" to me. Aren't meat and beans supposed to be the perfect and most easily digested of comestibles? Oh, never mind.

The Manhattans before dinner and the buckets of beer I'm sure to swill afterwards won't help either. We're going out with M. tonight. He's heard of this new (ahem!) bar called Therapy. We'll take him for a drink after dinner. M.'s favorite age-group is 55 through death. I think he'll be in for a bit of a surprise.

I have the addresses of Posh and Siberia in my wallet as well, clever boy that I am. Maybe we'll actually pull off that Hell's Kitchen bar crawl after all.

Or just wind up at the Eagle.

I'll let you know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

Whichever place you end up at.... I hope you have a fab time with your pals.

Keep up the good work at the gym.... it will pay off.

Peace

8:37 PM  
Blogger David said...

I like therapy (the bar) and if they cleared out all those annoying patrons, I would like it even more.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Matty said...

Just tell me one thing - does the gym have a steamroom?? Not that a steamroom is a REQUIREMENT.

After all, most of us - and especially myself - are saints and use them after a workout only to relax tight muscles...

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home