Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Blogging About Blogging

Of possible interest to nobody but me, I'm one of 22 nominees for the title of Post Of The Week over at Troubled Diva. This, for an entry I posted back on December 8th, though I understand that travel and holiday schedules may have accounted for the lag-time.

Frankly, I'm shocked. Flattered, but shocked.

I know I have a small loyal core of readers, and a fair percentage of them have become friends. But I also know, judging from what other bloggers write about their blog stats, that I'm way, way low on the most-viewed list.

I average between 25 and 40 hits a day here in this dark, brack-ish backwater I like to call The Mark of Kane. I know. Pathetic. Of course, there was the day when I got over 480 hits, but that's because Joe.My.God. blogged about an evening we spent, and his huge loyal following broke their collective heels trying to find out just who this Superdaddy was.

I came to blogging in a rather circuitous way.

Tim and I were out on a Friday night last Spring, and, as is our wont to do, we decided to check out the Eagle. Which was completely empty. I mean, you could have swung a dead cat in there and not hit a soul. Bowling alley time. So, I inquired, and was told that alternate Fridays were Snaxx nights. Which meant nothing to me. You can tell exactly how hip I am, can't you?

So, bored at work one afternoon, I decided to Google Snaxx. Nothing concrete. No website, no announcements. However, there were no end of listings for a blog entitled Thought Not. There I learned who had attended Snaxx in previous weeks, but not where it was, or when it was scheduled. I figured I'd do a little research and started to check out the various blogs that were linked there.

I found out a bit more about Snaxx, but not much. And I still haven't been to Snaxx to this day. The odds don't seem to favor me.

However, I did discover that I liked reading these new-fangled blog-thingies. Among the many reasons I really enjoyed Joe's blog, aside from his excellent story-telling, was the seemingly dozens of random blogs he had linked.

I would get to work, drink my coffee and spend an hour or so reading many of the blogs on Joe's list. It was fascinating to find so many people so interconnected. And many of them were enjoying the same (ahem) activities Tim and I did.

The blogging bug bit, and I've been here going on nine months. I'm certainly not the most prolific of bloggers, nor perhaps the most interesting. Yet, you guys do come back.

And for this I thank you.

Oh, and by the way, I'm fully aware of exactly how self-serving this is.

Bite me. It's my blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

I'm a new and faithful reader and I've enjoyed what I've read so far. I'm trying to remember how I found your blog.... I think it was from a comment you left on JMG and I clicked over here, liked what I read and linked you on my blogroll. I think you need more woman readers! I'll bring my possee over this way.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Does this mean that I am your BlogDaddy? Or is it ThoughtNot?

8:34 AM  
Blogger David said...

Can a Daddy have a Daddy? Wouldn't the universe implode?

1:24 PM  
Blogger circleinasquare said...

Okay.

I'll bite you.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous HisHolynessDPope said...

In Joe.My.God We Trust...

So here i am reading your blog because JMG said to do it.

Pay your exorcist, or you'll get repossessed.

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home