Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Why Meme?

The meme: List ten songs you’re currently digging.

Here they are...I've been hitting the treadmill to some of these; some are perfect for sipping those Friday night cocktails:

Garbage: Run Baby Run
Mates of State: Goods
Doves: Some Cities
Bettie Serveert: Tomboy
Bob Mould: (Shine Your) Light Love Hope
JamisonParker: Your Song
Velocity Girl: Crazy Town
Kelly Clarkson: Since U Been Gone
Brian Eno: Needles in the Camel's Eye
Jeri Southern: You Better Go Now

I'm too new at this to tag anybody else, but if you want to join in, be my guest.

And a special tip of the hat to my music pal, who will know who he is when he sees that a full 1/3 of the songs listed are things he introduced me to during our brief search for new, interesting Dugout music. Thank you, Greg.

1 Comments:

Blogger palochi said...

Another Doves fan? Amazing. Hadn't heard about these guys before this year. What rock was I living under?

And Bob is... well, Bob. "Body of Song" is a must have.

But what's up with that Kelly Clarkson tune? I almost put it on my list too, then thought it was too trite to add so I pulled it at the last minute. Guess I was wrong to do so. I'm fairly convinced Satan wrote and produced it and he's luring us to listen with backwards-masking of some sort. That's the only reasonable explanation, I say.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home